Washington state’s Liquor Control Board is faced with a huge task– establishing a legal marijuana system that protects both those who want to smoke, sell, or grow marijuana and those who do not wish to be exposed to it.
The board is now seeking the public’s input before they write regulations for growing, possessing, and using marijuana in the state.
A number of open forums have been planned to not only get feedback from voters, but also to share information about where the law currently stands.
According to the Association of Washington cities’ website, there will be six forums throughout the state starting in January.
Each meeting will have a Q&A session that runs from 6-7 PM, followed by an I-502 forum from 7-10 PM. The schedule of locations and dates is below:
- January 22 – Washington State Liquor Control Board Headquarters (3000 Pacific Ave SE, Room 201)
- January 24 – Seattle City Hall (Bertha Knight Landes Room)
- February 7 – Clark College, Vancouver (Foster Auditorium)
- February 12 – Spokane City Hall (Council Chambers)
- February 19 – Skagit Valley College, Mt. Vernon (Theater)
- February 21 – Yakima City Hall (Council Chambers)
The events are open to the public and the LCB is encouraging local lawmakers to attend as well.