Harborside’s Landlord Asks Judge to Force Collective to Close

Concourse Business Center, the organization that owns the building Harborside Health Center San Jose operates out of, asked a district court to force the closure of California’s largest medical marijuana dispensary.

Last month, Harborside’s landlords for both their Oakland and San Jose locations received lawsuits threatening to seize the properties should they allow the collectives to continue growing, possessing, and selling marijuana on the properties.

Harborside’s Oakland landlord has vowed to stand by them, but their San Jose landlord has turned on the organization, and they want them out now.

The San Jose landlords gave Harborside 30 days to shut down after they received notice of the lawsuit.  However, Harborside is refusing to close, as they are fighting the Department of Justice lawsuit.

Now, the court will have to decide if they should grant an injunction against the San Jose location barring “the cultivation, possession with intent to distribute, and/or distribution of marijuana in any form.”  Harborside has been in full compliance with California state law, but they are being targeted under federal law.

jibsnmoney said on Aug 31, 2012

Fuck bullshit lay off Harborside

andyfibb said on Aug 31, 2012

my anaheim shops are closing quickly too.. fucking ridiculous.. end this madness!

Gossett said on Aug 31, 2012

I just wonder what pharmaceutical Super Pacs are behind this move along with the alcohol super Pacs. All we need to do is follow the money and we shall see it is these two that are behind it. I have had to stop smoking because of laws and let me tell you with the prescriptions I am on I get a lot sicker then I was when I was smoking the herb. This needs to be legalized period. If I have to eventually resort to growing my own I will as I do not like dealing with drug dealers. I would rather have a reputable dispensary to go to have the medicine I would prefer to have. These pharmaceuticals are making me sicker than anything, and on top of that I cannot eat and I am losing weight. However, I do not think I should be told by my government what I can and cannot do with my body in regards to my medicine. Fuck the DEA!!!! Unfortunately, in this election I am stuck with the lesser of two evils.

GanjaSmokn said on Aug 31, 2012

fight the good fight harborside

Elvers said on Sep 1, 2012

what's the matter with these people ask them to wait until Oct 16 then when the Judges make their desiccation one their findings because there dropping it from a schedule 1 to a 2or 3 or legalize. that's fair to play by those rules.I hope a Judge sees that.

Elvers said on Sep 1, 2012

the fed's can't even do their job's properly.!! they won't go after these guy's who threaten women of congress or after the two guy's who threaten the voting polls with gun's to go shoot people who a illegal's or not even if they have Mexican backgrounds to shoot them on sight bullshit. Chicken shits cops and fed's booth hide their heads up their ass. for not busting these bastards.Excuse me !!!!

Elvers said on Sep 1, 2012

P.S. the'll bust somebody for pot that's not hurting anybody, but won't go after the real bad boy's somethings wrong with this picture!!?