Marijuana Advocates Planning to Protest President Obama’s Visit to Northern California

President Obama will be coming to Northern California at the end of July to fund-raise for his Presidential campaign.  Medical marijuana supporters are planning to protest during his visit to show their disapproval of the President’s handling of medical marijuana throughout his term thus far.

The President will be holding a fundraiser at the Fox Theater, which is in the heart of the Oaksterdam District.  Oaksterdam University was raided and shut down by Obama’s Justice Department and Attorney General Eric Holder, making the appearance in the District even more controversial for supporters, who have seen Obama’s indecisive actions and flip flopping on the subject of medical marijuana have a negative impact on the MMJ community over the past four years.

Protests are being planned by the National Cannabis Industry Association, as well as individual medical marijuana patients and businesses.

Filip Fuxa / Shutterstock.com

Max_Freedom said on Jul 12, 2012

It must take GIANT balls for him to hold a fundraiser near Oaksterdam.
    I hope it costs him more money than it brings in.

Mike-420 said on Jul 12, 2012

I'll refrain from commenting on what i hope happens.. :P

TheUndead said on Jul 12, 2012

Really hope you're not talking about assassination Mike cause that would be pretty fucked up. He obviously knows whats bout to go down. He must have something really worth hearing if he's willing to do this.

TheUndead said on Jul 13, 2012

Lol ok cause I just think assassination no matter what when someone wishs bad upon a president lol. keeponerolled I simply mean that if he's willing to come to oaksterdam he has got to have something to say about the situation wether its true or not that is all I meant. Honestly anyone that votes for Romney is just completely stupid. He will do everything in his power to fuck over the MMJ movement. I will take Obama any day all day over that douche bag Romney he handles everything like such a jerkoff.

pribley said on Jul 15, 2012

Completely agree with @TheUndead, I mean who else do we have? Johnson unfortunately won't win and Romney is an idiot (he doesn't' even know what industrial hemp is) . I'm just hoping this is all apart of Obama is getting re-elected and then once he is he'll start some sort of change even if just changing it to a Schedule 2 drug and allowing states to prescribe medical marijuana legally. Either way Romney can't win or we're all f'd.
    -One Love
    LEGALIZE 2012

ogbreadman@420 said on Jul 16, 2012

Anyone talking assassination is a dumb ass, thats not the way to handle any president I didn't like lil bush but he was our president and fuck up alot but I never would wish death on him. Got o respect the postion. Yeah Pres Obama hasn't done everything he said he would but he is definitely better option the Puck ass romney or any other. It is a reelection year.