Richard Lee, Oaksterdam Founder, Gives Up Ownership Of Marijuana School

Richard Lee, founder of Oaksterdam University, has given up ownership of the school and his dispensary after coming under DEA and IRS scrutiny earlier this week.

ARTICLE: Oaksterdam University Raided by Feds

Lee has stated that he still intends to be a marijuana advocate, but will no longer own or run the school has been dubbed by many as the “Princeton of Pot.”  Lee said, “I’ve been doing this for a long time.  Over 20 years… I kind of feel like I’ve done my time.  It’s time for others to take over.”

In spite of the raid, Oaksterdam is still open.  Some of its class offerings have been scaled down.  Lee’s collective is also still open for patients, but he intends to pass over ownership of that as well.

It is currently unclear who will take over the university and collectives for Lee.

Source

Search by tags: , , ,

dieselhaze said on Apr 6, 2012

Its really too bad to resign that way

dankOG420 said on Apr 6, 2012

Not good timing by him at all… this just makes us look intimidated by the feds. i know he’s still gonna be an activist but doing this kinda shows a little weakness…

TtP said on Apr 6, 2012

Sad, I really can’t find any other words to express the way I feel about this. Keep on keeping on.

juan_cPa_ said on Apr 6, 2012

he’s obviously still going to be a major player in both of HIS businesses just because owner isn’t his title doesn’t mean he’s not the boss,and no weakness just smarts

kushkillah said on Apr 9, 2012

At the same time you think he’s showing weakness what he’s done is actually smartness and is keeping the focus off of him since he owns nothing, smartness saved the activist!

HeadHunter said on Apr 10, 2012

Sorry fucking feds finally got to him. I don’t see it as a sign of weakness, just a guy that’s sick and tired of being the front runner of a movement. After 20 years he can sit back, load a bowl and reflect on all the good he’s done. I wish I had the energy to be an activist and not just a voting supporter of MMJ, but man this goddamn weed keeps my but glued to the couch. Vapor Time!

growindoor said on Apr 22, 2012

hes not retiring im pretty sure, just not owning a university and a dispensary, there is tons of work needed to promote the cause, and his name sure has some power given his history, im just glad its all still open to help those in need.